||For a printable resume click Here|
For a list of references click Here
SUMMARY: Veteran Web Producer with Television News Production Degree.
- Avid Editing
- INews Production
- HTML Design/Coding
- Photoshop Design
- Ad/Catalog/Web copywriting
- 2013 KEZI 9 News, Eugene, Oregon (ABC Affilliate) Weekend News Producer.
- 2011-2012 Oregon Public Broadcasting - Content manager for OPB Arts and Life Event Calendar.
- 2011 - Video producer for MANDI awards ceremony - 15 two-minute video scripts.
- 2009-10 - Program Director 90.4 Tashi Delek Radio, Dharamsala, India. Developed and implemented all facets of a community radio station: content developer, promotions director, ad development, web design and development, technical expertise, news reporting trainer.
- Cable 8/KUGR Pullman, Washington:
- 2008 - Cable 8 Pullman, Wash. 'Best News Writer' & 'Most Inspirational Writer' Award.
- 2008 - KUGR Pullman, Wash. Play-by-Play (baseball) & Color (basketball) Man of the Year.
- Producer, director, writer, lead talent for 2 local cable shows.
- THCommunications 2000-2012
- Public speaking on disability issues (Amtrak & International Rehabilitation Forum).
- Sole proprietor of independent web, print and copywriting service.
- Extensive design with Quark, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, HTML, digital photography and scanners.
- Client list includes Adidas America, Tibetan Government in Exile, International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine, Life is Good, Wisconsin Association for Equity in Funding, Amtrak, Johnson Controls and dozens more.
- International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine/
International Rehabilitation Forum 2002 - 2012
Communications director for global association of physical and rehabilitation medicine physicians.
Develop and manage website. Act as spokesperson. Present at international meetings.
- Adidas America, Portland, OR 1994-2000
- Editor, L'adidas Newspaper 1997-2000
- Managed creation and publication of Adidas corporate newspaper. Wrote, edited, photographed, designed layout and distributed paper to a global circulation of 2,500. Produced corporate intranet pages. Wrote press releases.
- Restructured existing newsletter using Quark Express, Epson scanners, Olympus digital cameras and Photoshop. Prepared intranet sites using Front Page and HTML. Experience with Flash and Director.
- Outside contact with print, radio and TV media, as well as sports NGOs, athletes, etc.
- Event Coordinator 1994 -1996
- Planned and implemented promotional events involving coordination of marketing, sporting organizations, press contacts, athletes and key accounts.
- Organized a nine-city, on-site vending area during World Cup 1994 (vending sites, merchandising, inventory purchasing), generating $1.2 million in sales.
- Worked in Adidas promotional campaigns for The Boston Marathon, NCAA Final Four (basketball and soccer), Women's World Cup, Atlanta Super Show, Hood to Coast Run and National Sales Meetings.
- World Wide Productions, Hong Kong 1986-1992
- French Operations Director
- Managed all aspects of an aquatic acrobatic show in Les Avenieres, France: Lead performer, athletic trainer, transportation of athletes and equipment, payroll.
- Emceed daily show and other park events in French.
- Three World High Diving Records
- B.A. Broadcast News, Edward R. Murrow School of Communication, Washington State University.
Cum Laude; 2008 President's Honor Roll Recipient.
- B.S. Industrial Psychology, University of Illinois.
- Adaptive skier
- Singer-songwriter guitar wiz
- Wheelchair Coordinator for Portland Marathon.
- Entertainment Director - Master of Ceremonies for Portland Bastille Day Festival (Speaking in French).
- Communications Director for International Rehabilitation Forum